Friday, January 13, 2012

A Great Run and Some Sickness

Tuesday I had a great run! After another sleepless night with Mia I did not get up and run outside...this will happen eventually I promise! I knew I could run again at lunch and decided to run the same route outside I run on Monday.  I knew I would be pushing it but I was determined to get 4 miles in again. 

I am so glad I decided to go outside.  The weather was perfect and I felt great.  I covered 4 miles in 33:59! This was the fastest I have ever run 4 miles and it felt effortless.  I wish runs like this could happen everyday.

Of course Wednesday I felt exhausted and since I had run 5 days without a rest day I decided it would be a rest day.  My body was definitely trying to tell me something.  I ended up sick  all night on Wednesday, so Thursday became a rest day too.  Today I felt better but was dreading my run but figured I should at least try to run today.  I'm really glad I did.  While I didn't push myself too hard I got 3 miles in and felt really good after- much more energized. 

I'm hoping I continue to feel good this weekend.  Tomorrow I plan to get 4 miles in and Sunday I am running 13.1 with some Strong Running Mamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment