Monday, June 25, 2012

Strength Training

One of my new year's resolutions was to try to get into a strength training routine and also do regular core work.  I have done core work randomly since then but I haven't developed a routine.  And before today I can't remember when the last time I picked  up a weight was.  I've been seeing a lot of improvement in my running this year and I've gotten into much better shape overall but I feel like I have no strength and certainly no abdominal strength.

Since I've been really good lately about running in the morning I realized I should still take advantage of my lunch hour to workout at least a few days a week and I should use that time to develop a weight routine.  Today was day one.  I went to the gym at lunch and did a basic chest and triceps routine.  I finished out my workout with some core work.  I'm not going to lie it all felt really hard but I was proud of myself for doing it.  My goal is to do some strength training at lunch 3 days a week.  Hopefully building more strength overall will help my running even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment