Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring?

Today it was seriously hard to believe it's February in upstate New York.  It was 50 degrees and sunny at lunch time.  Apparently we are in for cooler temperatures the next few days- high 30's and low 40's and some possible snow showers but still that's not bad for February in these parts.  This has been the best winter for running.  I hope it continues and we don't get slammed with a late winter/early spring snow storm. 

I took full advantage of the great weather today.  I love my job but today was one of those days were I was working on something that was just so tedious that I really needed a run by the time lunch rolled around. I rushed down to the gym to change and headed out as fast as I could.  I was determined to squeeze every minute of running time out of this lunch hour as I could.  I ran my usual lunchtime route but went a little farther so I ended up covering 5 miles all together at an 8:50 pace.  It was great but I was really pressed for time after.  I did the quickest change and sprinted back to the office.  I may have been a little disheveled but it was worth it to enjoy a run on a day like today!

I really hope this is the start of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment